Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Little Prince


One of my favourite Books of all time!!! THE LITTLE PRINCE by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry Gifted to me in class XI by my english teacher, I keep going back to the book every year...and keep learning something new!!..Here are some of my favourite passages from the book
All grown-ups were children first. (But few remember it).
Grown-ups like numbers. When you tell them about a new friend, they never ask questions about what really matters. They never ask: "What does his voice sound like?" "What games does he like best?" "Does he collect butterflies?". They ask: "How old is he?" "How many brothers does he have?" "How much does he weigh?" "How much money does his father make?" Only then do they think they know him.
If you tell grown-ups, "I saw a beautiful red brick house, with geraniums at the windows and doves on the roof...," they won't be able to imagine such a house. You have to tell them, "I saw a house worth a hundred thousand francs." ThWhat a pretty house!" en they exclaim, "
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

No comments: